HOPE Cape Town, a local non-profit Organisation providing outreach and education in the field of HIV and AIDS and related illnesses, seeks a full time medical doctor to co-manage the HOPE Doctor portfolio.
Responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
* Clinical work
Provide comprehensive clinical care to HIV infected children at community based state health care facilities.
Manage the medical elective student program
Train and support the HOPE Community Health Workers
Provide external training and awareness as required
* Project management and support
Assist in planning, initiating and executing HOPE Cape Town Association projects and programs.
Act as Project leader for HOPE Cape Town projects.
Identify research opportunities; plan and implement formal and informal research
Interact with donors and media as required
Participate in HOPE Cape Town events
The HOPE Doctor will be based at both the Tygerberg Childrens Hospital Ithemba Office and the HOPE Cape Town offices at Tygerberg Campus, University of Stellenbosch, but will be required to travel to health care facilities and community based projects. The successful candidate will form part of senior staff team. This is a full time position (40 hours per week). He/She will report to the Program Coordinator.
* M.B.Ch.B (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery)
* Valid Registration with HPCSA (Health Professions Council South Africa)
* Registration with MPS (Medical Protection Society)
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Superior Communication Skills: Fluent in English (spoken and written); other languages an asset
* Advanced computer skills (Microsoft Office)
* Drivers licence with independent transport
* No criminal record
* Work permit (if not SA resident)
The following experience and skills would be advantageous:
* At least one year’s experience in managing HIV positive patients on ARV treatment (including children)
* Diploma in HIV Management of college of family physicians of South Africa (Dip HIV Man (SA))
* Research experience
Applications should include a covering letter detailing each of the identified qualifications and skills, proof of qualifications and a current CV and a minimum of two references. Completed applications may be forwarded
To: Dr Izane Reyneke
HOPE Cape Town
P.O. Box 19145, Tygerberg 7505 Cape Town – South Africa; Phone 021 – 938 9930
Suitable candidates will be invited for an interview
Closing date for applications: 14 August 2016
To print the advert use the following link: